University of Saskatchewan Master Gardener Certificate
Part of the U of S Master Gardener certificate involves 40 hours of volunteer work in your community. Examples of some activities may include:
- helping seniors or less-able individuals garden
- answering a garden phone-in line for your city, town or local extension agrologist
- designing, planting or maintaining community gardens in public places such as hospitals, schools, parks, etc.
- developing horticultural therapy programs
- writing a garden column for our newsletter or for your local paper
- volunteer teaching gardening classes for your local community colleges, associations or recreation departments
- sitting on the board of local horticulture groups
- or, any ideas you might have. If there think is a need, you can fill it.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.966.5546.