University of Saskatchewan Master Gardener Certificate
Part of the U of S Master Gardener certification requires a volunteer internsip of 40 hours of gardening related volunteer work in your community, as charitable community service. Once certified, Master Gardeners are required to submit 15 hours of volunteer service annually to keep their certification up to date.
Examples of some activities may include:
- helping seniors or less-able individuals garden
- answering a garden phone-in line for your city, town or local extension agrologist
- designing, planting or maintaining community gardens in public places such as hospitals, schools, parks, etc.
- developing horticultural therapy programs for a non-profit organization
- writing a garden column for our blog or for your local paper
- volunteer teaching gardening classes for your local community colleges, associations or recreation departments
- sitting on the board of local horticulture groups
- answering one of our volunteer calls from our office or our volunteer page
- or, any ideas you might have that are time charity, in a horticultural capacity. If there think is a need, you can fill it.
Submit your hours each year on a Green Sheet!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.966.5546.