We partner with colleges and organizations to offer programs and events that promote the identity, culture and heritage of Indigenous people. Our programs inspire leadership to create a strong community built on professional development, culture, traditions and understanding.
- Aboriginal Awareness Programs to help business and other communities better understand First Nation and Métis people.
- Cree Language Courses for beginners to advanced.
- Cultural & Traditional Programs to understand and re-connect with First Nation and Métis traditions.
University Studies for First Nations Students
- First Nations Off-Campus University Classes: we partner to deliver University of Saskatchewan programs to First Nations communities.
- Northern Teacher Education (NORTEP): A four-year undergraduate degree program that is offered jointly by the University of Saskatchewan and the University of Regina. It is based in La Ronge. Northern residents, preferably with fluency in an Aboriginal language, can become certified teachers in this largely field-based program.
- Master of Education: In collaboration with the College of Education and College of Graduate Studies and Research, this degree focuses on Educational Administration. These programs are offered at a number of off-campus sites throughout the province and are usually arranged through special contracts with school divisions, regional colleges, First Nations, etc.
Loading Secure Page into Iframe . . .