University of Saskatchewan Covey Leadership Program
Offered in partnership between Human Resources and the CCDE, this program aligns principles grounding Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and Great Leaders with U of S competencies. It is recommended as professional development ASPA, Faculty, or CUPE staff with supervisory or leadership responsibilities.
In this six-day workshop, you will learn:
- how leadership begins from the inside-out
- to improve time management and organizational skills
- to resolve conflict and help others seek mutual solutions
- to build trust by creating environments that are stimulating and highly productive
- how to align the work and engage the entire team to succeed
- to focus on a specific leadership plan
- to create shared goals and meet project deadlines
- to create win-win performance agreements.
This program includes a self-assessment and a 360 degree assessment. You are encouraged to create a project to work on and report out on at the final session.
Day 1: Introduction
Days 2/3: Seven Habits of Highly Effective People*
Days 4/5: Great Leaders, Great Teams, Great Results**
Day 6: Project report out
* Detailed Topics for Days 2 and 3 include:
- learn how leadership begins from the inside-out
- focus on things you can control
- accept responsibility and improve accountability
- gain personal/professional balance
- improve time management and organization skills
- clarify and schedule your priorities
- resolve conflict and help others seek mutual solutions
- increase trust creating work environments that are stimulating and highly productive
- take advantage of diversity
- develop powerful listening skills
** Detailed Topics for Days 4 and 5 include:
- learn to lead in a principled fashion
- align the work and engage the entire team to succeed
- unleash the potential of others
- focus on a specific leadership plan
- create shared goals and meet project deadlines
- build conditions of empowerment
- inspire a more highly trusting environment
- create win-win performance agreements
Note: This course is only offered to University of Saskatchewan Employees. The fee is $1995 (GST exempt) and includes all materials and lunches.
In some cases, program fees have been split 50/50 between individuals and departments. Individuals often pay their share by using their Professional Development funds and departments use departmental PD funds to offset their share. Please discuss your participation in this program with your supervisor. It is recommended for people learning the ropes of supervisory/managerial leadership in addition to those seeking to update or refresh their skills.
Please email Karen Hayward or call 306.966.5539
Loading Secure Page into Iframe . . .