Seniors' Jasper Exploration: Wildflowers and Wildlife
With Melanie Elliott
This tour has come and passed. To be notified of the next Senior's Jasper, AB tour, please email Melanie Elliott
Jasper National Park is spectacular in the fall. Experience camaraderie, geography, autumn wildflowers and wildlife viewing with gentle hikes of 1 to 2 km.
- Day 1: Leave Saskatoon at 10:00 am and stop in Wainwright, AB for lunch (please bring your own packed lunch). Accommodations will be in an Edmonton motel.
- Day 2: Drive to Jasper National Park visiting Miette Hot Springs along the way then visit the Interpretive Centre. We will also enjoy a walk through the town site then visit Pyramid Lake to hike the shoreline.
- Day 3: Drive to Mt. Edith Cavell for a hike. We will fit in a late afternoon museum visit.
- Day 4: We drive to the Maligne Canyon lakeshore for a beautiful alpine meadows hike.
- Day 5: Drive South on the Jasper Banff highway with short stops at Athabasca and Sunwapta Falls. We will have lunch at Columbia Icefields Parkway overlooking the Saskatchewan Glacier. Accommodations tonight are at Rocky Mountain House.
- Day 6: We drive home to Saskatoon.
Email Melanie Elliott or call 306.966.5484.